Air Con Services and Repairs
85% of all new vehicles now come with air conditioning as standard. As with most mechanical parts these systems need regular checks and servicing. We offer a complete range of services to ensure your system is running cleanly and safely.
Why have air conditioning serviced?
A poorly performing car air conditioning system can cause a build-up of fungus, bacteria and other microbes growing inside the evaporator core. This in turn cause a smell, sometimes an allergic reaction and can lead to legionnaires disease. With our air conditioning services, this will keep your air con working properly by checking and topping up the refrigerant gas levels. Which in turn will cleanse the air circulation system to maintain icy cold air input and get rid of the nasty odours and harmful bacteria that cause them.
It is advisable to have your car air con system serviced every two years. Car manufacturers recommend your air-con system is recharged with gas and lubricant, which will be detailed within your car service manual. Having your car air condition system serviced is an extra charge, but it is vital serviced.
Having a poor air con system can also increase the fuel costs as the air conditioning pump has to work harder. Using the air-con can increase fuel consumption by 20% because of the extra load on the engine. In the winter, vehicles use the heat from the engine to warm the cabin air. However, if the defrost setting is selected, the air-con system may also be engaged automatically to keep the windows from fogging up.
The air con services that we provide
- Air Con Anti-Bacterial clean – This Powerful deep clean eradicates 99% of bacteria and leaves your air con smelling fresh.
- Air Con recharge – You may not be aware that over 10% of air-con permeates from the air-con system every year, which means it may not work as well as it should. Car manufacturers recommend you air-con system is recharged with gas and lubricant every two years. If your vehicle is more than two years old, then it is most likely that it due an air-con recharge.
DID YOU KNOW
Our air conditioning cleaning service can also be beneficial for those with breathing difficulties.
At Queen Street Garage we offer an affordable air-con re-gas and recharge service. We ensure that your car air-con is working correctly, as it should be. At Queens Street Garage, we pride ourselves on providing one of the best air con services there is in the UK. All of our team are fully qualified in every aspect of air conditioning, for all kinds of vehicles. So if you are looking for an air con car specialist to resolve a persistent fault or simply for an affordable air con service, then you should give us a call.
- Aircon Regas from £40
- Aircon Regas with Dye from £60.00 inc VAT
- Dye helps to identify any leaks should your air conditioning stop working
- Air Con clean from £29.99
- All prices are subject to the current rate of VAT.